Oh boy... In a article in the UK telegraph, it is being said that we are in denial about global warming and the only way to solve the problem is to ramp up the fear factor (inconvenient truth #2 ?).
For any agreement to be struck (talking about Copenhagen) it is likely that rich countries will have to agree to cut carbon emissions by consuming less energy.So...
- There is no proof that CO2 is the cause of climate changes (see my blog post about recent research)
- It has been calculated that even if we cut CO2 to drastic level, the impact on future temperature will be negligible.
- It is well known that if we do this, the impact on the world economy will be disastrous.
- They never talk about the clean, high density form of energy we have been using for decades, clean, reliable nuclear power.
The world temperature is changing, this is obvious, this is true. Is it caused by CO2? Not likely, if so, in a very minuscule way. Will it change anything even if we consume less and use less energy, obviously no. I documented all aspect of this on this blog.
What we need is this:
- More nuclear power, NOW!
- More desalination plants based on nuclear power
- Less fossil fuels electricity generation (coal, natural gas)
- Better, more efficient cars, like hybrids and electric
- Less cars on the road, this means a transport system that is much faster than taking your cars.
- Less low energy density power generation like wind and solar
- More research on new nuclear, thorium power
- More research on carbon nano tube for high density ultra capacitor for the electric car of the future.
- More research and development on pyrolysis and gasification to recycle 100% of the waste we produce
Help me spread the good news that solutions are here. Working to cut down CO2 only to solve a non-existing problem, will waste a lot of time, money, resources that should be spent on real solutions to real problems.